Friday 21 June 2013

How's Your Hummus Mojo?



  
I lost my hummus mojo about 2 years ago. No matter what I did I couldn’t make a decent hummus. I tried adding red pepper, chili, yogurt, more garlic. Nothing worked.   So, last week I started looking for some inspiration and lucky for me I found a great looking recipe in an old copy of Vegetarian Times Magazine.  I was so excited to try it.
I went out and bought some new Tahini, cooked up a batch of Chick Peas and followed the new recipe exactly. But....then I don’t know what happened ... partway through I realized that I had inadvertently doubled the amount of lemon. That meant that I would also have to reduce the water and hope for the best.  So, I decided to just keep going and see how it would turn out. With great trepidation I tried the finished product expecting it to be way too lemony.  In fact it was quite good.  I added some olive oil which was not in the original recipe but I think makes it taste better. And now I'm happy to say that my hummus mojo is just fine thank you.



Fantastic Lemon Hummus
Ingredients
 
Directions
  1. Pop the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic and water into a food processer and puree for 3 or 4 minutes.
  2. Add the tahini and blend for about another 2 minutes.
  3. Add the olive oil and season with salt and blend again for a minute or so.
  4. Refrigerate and enjoy!  Keep in a sealed container for up to one week in the fridge.  Freezes well.      



 
When life gives you lemons make hummus!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment